11.07.2008

A Warning

"But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed." Galatians 1:8,9

Previously I wrote about some confusion regarding the Old and New Covenants. Here's a passage from Galatians that came to mind this morning as I thought about what I wrote.

Paul issues a warning to the Galatians about those who go around propagating a gospel different from his. Apparently there are those who teach things contrary to the true gospel. Galatians is all about turning toward the grace of God, and not turning back to the law. So Paul is warning the Galatians against those who pervert the grace of Christ.

These are the people who push the law in the life of the believer. Paul is telling the Galatians (and us) to watch out for these people, because they're out there.

And in this passage, Paul says it twice: let these people be accursed. Those are strong words, but the issue is critical. More on this later.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you mind if I put your site on my blog, as a site that I like???

Bill Sines said...

Not at all.