8.03.2009

Dust It Off

Well it's time to dust off the old blog. It's not that I'm particularly inspired to post a lot, it's just that I will be attending The Leadership Summit this Thursday at Nappanee Missionary Church. I'm really looking forward to having some time to myself to sit (in the air conditioning) and reflect. Life's been so busy lately that I've forgotten how much I enjoy these kinds of events. I'm looking forward to the prospect of evaluating where I'm at in my spiritual walk and how the level of my walk can have an impact on others. That's the true essence of leadership, or at least a certain facet of it: an example-based leadership.

As I think about how I'm doing on this, I know I've got a lot of work to do. I find myself in a type of leadership position that has crept up on me; one that I never expected myself to be engaged in: leading a business. The pressures and responsibilities are insanely overwhelming at times, even to the point of having to prioritize minute-by-minute. This kind of stress has had a negative impact on how I relate to others. If I was taking a class on relationships, I would venture to say I got a couple D's and F's on a few quizzes and tests. There certainly is room for improvement. Thing is, if I could just get the relationship thing right for the most part, I think I could be more impacting, and not just at work.

~

No comments: